Kemin Textiles Srl – a division of the global chemical ingredient company, Kemin Industries – was born from the acquisition of Garmon Chemicals, along with its sister company, The Italian Job. After the acquisition, Garmon remains as the commercial brand because of its diffusion and reputation on the international market as a leader in the R&D and marketing of chemical solutions for the garment industry. Kemin Textiles embodies a pioneering, experimental and full-scale evolution in chemistry, in the hope of a better future.
Kemin Textiles Srl is the headquarters of a group of localized companies in areas of the world strategic for the business, created by Kemin Industries to support the development of Garmon in specific markets. The combination of the headquarters, Kemin Textiles, and the foreign divisions constitutes the business unit KTA, Kemin Textile Auxiliaries, within the group Kemin Industries.
Operating in more than thirty countries, Kemin Textile Auxiliaries is now a network of subsidiaries and agents capable of worldwide distribution of the constant stream of innovation conceived at the parent company in San Marino. Utilizing production sites as well as distribution and technical assistance centers in the main focal points of the world textile industry, Kemin Textile Auxiliaries – with its brand Garmon – guarantees widespread and punctual distribution of chemical products along with the relevant know-how.
These attributes are reinforced by being part of the multinational Kemin Industries, a global company that uses science to reach 3,8 billion people every day with its products and services.
The markets have confidence in Garmon’s products and services. We will develop and distribute the most responsible and respected chemical innovations and techniques, which will contribute to defining concepts of quality and style.
We don’t follow the trends of the industry, we create them. Innovation has always been the heart of our R&D, to stay ahead of the needs of the industry and to push the limits. The outcome of this approach is to equip customers with the product innovations they need to be successful.
We are pioneer of sustainability, with a long history of developing eco-friendly solutions that are safe for customers, and safe for the planet. The company’s efforts are planted in a strong sense of preservation of natural resources, thus also respecting future generations. The products and equipment developed by Kemin Textile have both a direct and indirect impact on sustainability: direct, because of our certified and conscious chemistry replaces many of the hazardous, non-sustainable chemicals; indirect, because of the water saving allowed by the use of our technologies, such as Smart Foam.
While we are an international organization today, it has never forgotten our roots. Style, passion for design and obsession for quality are typical characteristics for an Italian fashion company, and each solution created by us follows these principles. Our products are more than chemical solutions, they are a guarantee of high quality, sophisticated style and cutting-edge fashion effects.
We have always been a customer-centric company, and the relationship between us and our customers is built upon dedication, integrity and trust. We listen and responds to the needs of our clients, partners and stakeholders, providing all of the technical support, stylistic expertise and experience that the company has achieved in the more than 30 years of activity. Whatever the ever-evolving needs of the garment finishing industry are, we will be there to help.
Technical innovations and solutions, conceived with the health of the environment in mind, are what will drive our businesses for the coming years.
By optimizing our organization, and thanks to our staff’s extensive know how, our management pledges constant protection of the processes and activities connected to the quality of products and services delivered, in full compliance with the legal requirements regarding health and safety, as well as the environment.
This is reflected by the accurate selection of products’ raw material, that is strictly regulated by the internal Risk Assessment procedure – as required by Kemin Industries – to guarantee the best possible combination of safety for humans, sustainability for the environment and technical performance.
The efforts made by the management in this respect are confirmed by the implementation of the Quality Management System in accordance with ISO standard 9001:2015 and by the implementation of the Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO standard 14001:2015. We consider these certifications by an accredited third-party body of utmost importance. Starting from December 2020, Kemin Textile is also a Bluesign system partner. Bluesign is a leading global, independent verifier that supports the textile industry in its efforts to improve sustainable processes. With many Garmon products already in the ZDHC Gateway, the database of safer chemicals adopted by the majority of fashion brands, and the company’s adherence to Bluesign System, Kemin Textile Auxiliaries can meet all its customers’ needs in terms of sustainability – all while maintaining the highest standards of quality and traceability.
Believing in the strategic importance of organizational planning, our management implements continuous engagement and training of staff at all levels: from executive to operational, whether working in teams or individually. This engagement includes sharing this policy with a view to promote excellent customer service standards and to achieve the goals that we have set for ourselves.
In accordance with this policy, the management’s commitment is focused on the following principles:
- Sound business (turnover and operating results);
- Customer satisfaction;
- Compliance with the applicable legal requirements and other requirements subscribed to by Kemin Textiles concerning the environment and the products we produce;
- Systematic monitoring of the performance, efficiency and effectiveness of processes as well as the environmental aspects, with reference to the products we develop;
- Prevention of pollution and any possible non-compliance with environmental laws and regulations;
- Continuous monitoring and improvement of environmental performance;
- Prevention and reduction of possible environmental risks resulting from new activities, available technologies and emergency situations;
- Continuous engagement, information sharing and training of internal staff, as well as suppliers regarding quality and the environment;
- Ability to ensure the best technological solutions;
- Expertise and reliability of suppliers;
- Commitment to systematically monitoring the environmental aspects of our activities and their resulting effects on the environment, with particular reference to environmental aspects and impacts arising from production activities: generation of waste, resource consumption, pollution of water resources, prevention of emergencies related to possible ground contamination; continuous improvement of quality and environmental management systems;
- Maintaining open and constructive relations with public administration, the institutions, communities and individuals which have a legitimate interest in the environmental performance of our company.
Accordingly, the management, with a mindset of continuous improvement, periodically defines and approves objectives and programs that are consistent with the principles listed above according to the following frame of reference:
- Product quality and innovation as well as customer satisfaction.
- Environmental aspects and impacts, including those generated using products made by Kemin Textiles.
In order to verify the smooth operation of the Quality System and of the Environmental Management System, as well as compliance with this policy, regular audits are carried out.
Management annually reviews the adequacy of this policy, of the Quality Management Systems and of the Environmental Management System by verifying the achievement of our annual objectives, the adequacy of resources and the course of processes, as well as by setting out any corrective or preventive action designed for improvement.
The Company Policy and the principles declared herein are disseminated internally (through bill posting) and externally to those who work on behalf of the organization by publication on the company website.
Republic of San Marino, February 3rd, 2021